This no bake vegan Oreo pie is super decadent, delicious, and easy to make. It has a no bake, dairy-free Oreo cookie pie crust and a creamy filling made with coconut milk. It's topped with luscious, whipped coconut cream and has Oreo cookie crumbs and pieces in every bite.
Oreos totally remind me of childhood. They're milk's favorite cookie for a reason! But did you know that Oreos are secretly vegan? Crazy, right! These chocolate sandwich cookies have been dairy free since they were invented despite the creamy filling inside.
While Oreos aren't the healthiest things in the world, they're pretty good treats. That's why I decided to make a more nutrient-dense, no bake vegan Oreo pie. It's reminiscent of the Cheesecake Factory's Oreo Dream Extreme or the boxed Jell-O No Bake Oreo Dessert but with a texture more similar to panna cotta.
This pie is super easy to make! It does require a little bit of cooking on the stovetop and chilling in the refrigerator, but it is so worth it.
If you're looking for another vegan recipe with chocolate, you should try my Almond Flour Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips.
Why You Will Love This
- There are so many Oreos in this pie! - There are over 30 Oreos in this pie! They are in the crust, filling, and topping.
- No bake recipe- This recipe doesn't require any baking.
- No cream cheese or butter- Most Oreo cookie pie recipes out there require cream cheese and melted butter, but this is made without them!
- Vegan- Oreos are secretly vegan. This recipe is eggless and dairy free.
- Whipped coconut cream on top- This dairy free whipped topping is the fluffiest thing ever.
Here is a list of special equipment you will need to make this recipe.
Here are some notes about the ingredients.
- Coconut milk- Use canned, full fat coconut milk.
- Melted coconut oil- Let your melted coconut oil cool before adding it to the recipe. Melted vegan butter can be substituted for this.
- Maple syrup- This is used to sweeten the vegan Oreo cream pie filling. It will turn the filling a light brown color. If you want the filling to remain white, you can substitute honey as the sweetener. However, this will make the pie not 100% vegan.
- Agar agar- I used agar agar flakes, but you could also use the powdered version of it.
- Oreo- I used nearly an entire pack of Oreo cookies. You can also use sandwich cookies from other brands, such as 365 by Whole Foods. I don't recommend using Trader Joe's Joe-Joe's or Double Stuf Oreos since the extra cream can negatively effect the texture of the cookie crust.
Step by Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make the recipe.
STEP 1: Blend the Oreos. First, add the Oreo cookies to the food processor or blender. Pulse until the cookies to a fine crumb.
STEP 2: Make the crust. Next, add the cookie crumbs to a mixing bowl, reserving ½ cup for the filling. Stir in the melted coconut oil. Then, press the mixture into a pie pan or tart pan. After that, refrigerate the cookie crust while you are making the filling.
STEP 3: Make the vegan Oreo cream filling. Add the coconut milk, maple syrup, and agar agar to a small saucepan on the stove. Whisk the ingredients together with the burner on medium heat. Then, bring the mixture to a simmer and continue to whisk until the agar agar has dissolved.
STEP 4: Fill the pie. Next, remove the filling from the heat. Whisk in the reserved ½ cup of Oreo crumbs. Pour the filling into the Oreo crust and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until the middle has set.
STEP 5: Make the whipped coconut cream topping. Open a can of coconut cream and scoop the hardened cream off the top into a bowl. Leave the liquid behind. Then, add the powdered sugar to the bowl and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until it is smooth and creamy.
STEP 6: Decorate the vegan Oreo pie. If using a tart pan, remove the pie from the pan and place on a serving dish. Swirl the coconut whipped cream on top and garnish with more Oreo crumbs and pieces. Then, you are ready to serve!
If you are using a pie dish, make sure to lightly grease it before making the no bake Oreo pie crust. Add a tiny bit of melted coconut oil to the dish and spread it around. This will make the pie easier to remove.
If you don't have time to make a homemade Oreo cookie crust (even though it only takes a couple minutes- trust me!), you can purchase one of their pre-made crusts.
If you don't have a food processor or a blender, you can put the cookies in a freezer bag and crush them with your hands or a rolling pin. This method will take a bit longer, but it works!
Before making the dairy free whipped cream, you can put the can of coconut cream in the fridge to help it firm up. You can do this a few hours to 24 hours in advance, but it is not necessary.
Because of the agar agar, this will not have the consistency of an Oreo cream pie or cheesecake. The finished product will have more of a squishy, gelatin like consistency. Think of it like a dairy free cookies and cream tart or panna cotta. It's equally as delicious!
- Melted vegan butter- You can use melted and cooled vegan butter instead of coconut oil.
- Honey- You can use honey to sweeten the pie filling instead of maple syrup. Be mindful that this method may not be completely vegan.
Frequently Asked Questions
While this pie is suitable for those following dairy free, egg free, and vegan diets, please check the nutrition labels of all the ingredients carefully for any hidden dairy ingredients and any additional allergens. Always check the nutrition labels before making any recipes for those with allergies and ingredient sensitivities. That being said, this is a great recipe for kids or adults with allergies or dietary restrictions that still want to enjoy a sweet treat.
If you use gluten free Oreos, you can make a vegan AND gluten free pie! Make sure to carefully read the nutrient labels of all the ingredients and check for cross-contamination.
You absolutely can! Oreos with vegan chocolate cream would be amazing in this recipe. It'd also be delicious with peanut butter cookies.
Yes! If you have small jars laying around, you can add a small amount of the crust and filling to make individual vegan Oreo pie pots. Just let them set for the same amount of time as the full pie.
You can make this pie up to 2 days ahead of time. Add the whipped coconut cream and Oreo pieces on top right before serving so the cookie pieces don't get mushy.
Storage and Freezing
Store this no bake vegan Oreo pie in the refrigerator covered in cling wrap for up to 4 days. Serve the pie cold.
Cut the pie into individual slices before freezing. Wrap the slices in cling wrap or put them in an airtight container before storing in the freezer for up to 30 days. Let the slices thaw the fridge before serving.
More Recipes to Try
No Bake Vegan Oreo Pie
Oreo Cookie Pie Crust
- 30 Oreo cookies
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- ½ cup reserved crushed Oreos
- 14 oz full fat coconut milk 1 can
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoon agar agar flakes
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 14 oz coconut cream 1 can
- ½ cup powdered sugar
Oreo Cookie Crust
- Add the Oreos to a food processor or blender. Pulse to a fine crumb. Reserve ½ cup of crumbs for the pie filling.30 Oreo cookies
- In a bowl, add the coconut oil to the Oreo crumbs and mix thoroughly. Press the mixture into a pie dish or tart pan and chill in the refrigerator while you make the filling.30 Oreo cookies, ⅓ cup coconut oil
- Add the coconut milk, maple syrup, and agar agar to small saucepan. Place the saucepan on the stove and set the burner to medium heat. Let the mixture come to a simmer and cook until the agar agar has dissolved.14 oz full fat coconut milk, ½ cup pure maple syrup, 3 teaspoon agar agar flakes
- Take the saucepan off the heat. Mix in the Oreo crumbles. Pour the mixture into the pie dish and let chill for 4-5 hours until the middle has set.½ cup reserved crushed Oreos
Coconut Whipped Cream
- Open the can of coconut cream and scoop the thickened cream on top into a bowl, avoiding the liquid at the bottom.14 oz coconut cream
- Add the powdered sugar to the bowl and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until the cream is light and fluffy.½ cup powdered sugar
- Swirl the vegan whipped cream on top of the set pie. Top with more Oreo crumbs and pieces. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply